The AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP program pairs thousands of Americans aged 55 and older with organizations making changes in communities across the country.
The AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP program offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers as it matches the personal interests and skills of older Americans with opportunities to serve their communities. RSVP volunteers choose how and where they want to serve—from a few hours to more than 40 hours a week.
Flagler County RSVP volunteers provide numerous community services, such as:
- Tutoring children in reading and other areas as needed;
- Mentoring children in Pre-K to help them be more ready to start Kindergarten;
- Planning Disaster Preparedness Trainings to make our community more resilient;
- Conducting or participating in events that focus on Opioid/Drug Use Prevention;
- Conducting a Giving Store that brightens the holidays for local children;
- Building capacity for other non-profits by recruiting and placing volunteers; and
- Helping community organizations operate more efficiently.
RSVP provides service opportunities for those who want to make a difference in their communities while maintaining the flexibility to decide who and how frequently they serve.