RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers as it matches the personal interests and skills of older Americans with opportunities to serve their communities.
RSVP volunteers choose how and where they want to serve—from a few hours to more than 40 hours a week. RSVP volunteers provide hundreds of community services, such as:
- Tutoring children in reading and math;
- Building houses;
- Helping get children immunized;
- Modeling parenting skills to teen parents;
- Participating in neighborhood watch programs;
- Offering relief services to victims of natural disasters; and
- Helping community organizations operate more efficiently.
RSVP provides service opportunities for those who want to make a difference in their communities while maintaining the flexibility to decide who and how frequently they serve.