ReadingPals is a statewide early literacy initiative that provides volunteer mentors for students from Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) to 3rd grade who may need extra help, utilizing one-on-one or small group settings.
ReadingPals offers volunteers an opportunity to build meaningful relationships with young children in Florida, while helping them improve their social-emotional development and early literacy skills.
ReadingPals is managed by The Children’s Movement of Florida with the help of numerous community partners across the state including Flagler Volunteer Services.
TRAINING FOR MENTORS
All training sessions are held at the Government Services Building at
1769 E Moody Blvd, Bldg #2 (green dome building)
*No previous teaching experience is required
- Wednesday, August 11th 9:30 am
- Wednesday, August 18th 1:30pm
- Wednesday, September 1st 9:30am
- Wednesday, September 8th 1:30pm
For more information or to sign up for a training session, contact Judy at 386-416-7922 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Emotional Learning – What We Hope to Achieve
By having you, the mentor, implement these 3 facets of the mentoring experience, you are helping to build the student into being a well rounded individual.
1. MENTORING – To build genuine, impactful relationships between students and our volunteer mentors.
2. EARLY LITERACY – To improve students’ understanding of the fundamental building blocks of early literacy.
3. SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT – To help students build a strong social-emotional foundation through self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision-making.
Primarily, volunteers are members of the RSVP program (retired and senior volunteer program) 55 and over, but the program is open to all volunteers.
For more information on the Childrens Movement, click on the link below: https://www.childrensmovementflorida.org/
|Help Support the Program. A $70.00 Sponsorship buys
the materials for one child. Any amount is welcome.
Choose a Level and Click Subscribe button below.
A 2.9% service fee will be added for credit card transactions.